Search google or Amazon for the words “social intranet” and you won’t find a lot of great resources. Why is that?
I started a conversation on twitter today asking a similar question and was lucky to have a number of very experienced intranet developers respond.
When I do a search for “social intranet” on the Jive Community, I see a totally different picture.
Consulting companies are talking about it:
- Making Good on the Social Intranet Promise, by Wes Goldstein, JCS Consulting, Feb 2014
- Why You Need a Social Intranet, by Andrew Kratz, Social Edge, May 2012
Alcatel-Lucent is talking about it:
- Social intranet unlocks knowledge and creates value, Jem Janik, Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise, April, 2013
And of course, Jive Professional Services and Product Marketing are talking about it and questioning it:
- What’s In It For Me? An Adoption Strategy for Your Social Intranet, Virginia Ulrich, March, 2015
- Is there such thing as a Social Intranet?, Deirdre Walsh and Tim Zonca, March 2012
Beyond the Jive Community
I don’t believe the words intranets and social are linked only by members of the Jive Community. It’s time for more resources. I’ll look at what part I can do to contribute. I’m sure I’m not the only one. If you see great material that covers both these terms, please let me know in the comments below, by twitter @resing or through my contact page here at http://tomresing.com
I definitely disagree. Social intranet still plays important role with companies especially when it comes to employee-employer communication. You might want to check http://www.simpplr.com/ for you to know. It will justify what I am saying here.